Sunday, May 25, 2014

Monochromatic


My outfit truly reflected the weather that southern California was experiencing this day. June Gloom has fully commenced, and we will now patiently wait for the sunny days we associate with summer. Well, it's California, so we kind of associate sun with all seasons. 
This outfit was extremely simple and consisted of only black and white (ahem, "monochromatic"). The leather shorts are an old favorite, paired with this smock-like top from Topshop. I recently had a discussion with a friend about dressing to accentuate your body, and then just not caring and wearing whatever makes you comfortable. I usually go for the latter. This smock-like white top is exactly what I am talking about; it may not be the most figure flattering, but I think it drapes well and looks nice with so many different bottoms. I do have to mention that it is highly wrinkle prone, an iron or steamer is definitely needed with this one. As for the shoes, I wore my sandals purchased from ASOS.  The shoes definitely follow the gladiator style that is trending for the summer, in addition to having the heel that makes my shorter legs look a little longer. The bag is my new go-to by Kate Spade Saturday
Hope you guys enjoy! I recommend listening to the Bahamas for some serious summer vibes. Talk to all of you soon. xx
-Michelle

follow me?
instagram @michellegilbertson
twitter @itsmemichelleg
Check out this post on Teen Vogue Fashion Click here




No comments:

Post a Comment