Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Travel Make-up Bag: Palm Springs Edition

So for my trip to Palm Springs, I spent the majority of my time in my swimsuit, although, I had to bring make-up for when we went out at night. You know how it is...
My make-up bag is from Forever 21, which I find has the cutest make-up pouches! They always have to have them displayed while you're in the line, and I can never resist. This one has a cute black and white striped design and has the perfect shape. With the exception of the palette, it fits everything in there with minimal brush smushing. 

For face, I brought a sample of MAC's Face and Body foundation. I am a firm believer in sampling out foundations before purchasing, and I have recently been testing out this one. They really give you a generous sample and this one lasted me a little over a week of use. As for my opinions on it so far, it is very light coverage and leaves your skin with a dewy glow. I think this is a great foundation for summer because it looks so natural on the skin, but stay away from it if you have oily skin or need fuller coverage. To cover spots, I brought my MAC Studio Finish concealer and for underneath the eyes, I brought the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer. For powder I brought the Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in the shade Diffused Light. I am still testing this out, but I brought this along because it gets rid of the shine, but still keeps the skin looking completely natural. Of course, I had to bring my favorite bronzer ever, which is my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer in the shade Milk Chocolate. This bronzer is perfect for my skin tone and I love the fact that it's matte...and smells like chocolate. For blush, I brought Immortal Flower by MAC for the perfect light peach flush.

As for eyes, I had to bring my MAC palette because I do not have any smaller form of carrying around my eyeshadows. I need to invest in a quad from MAC because carrying around the whole palette, when I really only need a couple shades, is not practical for travel. For primer, I brought my MAC paint pot in the shade Rubenesque. This is one of my favorite products for summer because it is a beautiful shade on its own or under other eyeshadows and it doesn't budge. As for eyeliner and mascara, I stuck with my favorites, which are the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye's mascara and the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner (spot feature on this coming very soon). My Shiseido eyelash curler had to come along as well.

For lips, I stuck with the essentials. I brought my absolute favorite Jack Black lip balm with much needed SPF! The Black Tea & Blackberry flavor (or scent?) is my favorite. For a little bit of color and moisture, I brought the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in shade two, which I believe is named "Juicy Papaya".

I will keep this short and just list the brushes I brought. For face, I brought my beauty blender, MAC 138 & 116, and my Real Techniques Blush Brush, which is my favorite brush for bronzer. For eyes, I brought the MAC 217 & 239. I honestly could have done fine with just the 217 because I didn't do any extensive eyeshadow looks. I also brought along my eyebrow spoolie/brush combo and my eco tools detail brush specifically for that inner corner highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment