Saturday, August 3, 2013

Featured: the Clarisonic Mia



This will be my first "Featured" post on my blog. Basically, I am going to start doing spot features on certain products I think deserve their own post. To start off this series, I am featuring my Clarisonic Mia.

What is the Clarisonic? 
If you have not heard of this skincare revelation, it is a skin cleansing brush that will get a deeper clean than any old cleanser does on its own. I have had my Clarisonic for almost 2 years now, and since using it, my breakouts have diminished and only appear after those fateful nights of not washing off my makeup. Now, the Clarisonic does not claim it will completely clear up your breakouts. Through my early teens, I struggled with acne and was even put on a prescription to help clear up my skin. After a full year of using my Clarisonic, my skin was, for the most part, breakout free. Having not had switched up my cleanser throughout this whole period of time, I could either give credit to my Clarisonic, or simply just growing out of my hormonal, teenage acne. In addition to clearing up my skin, I have noticed such an improvement with my skin texture, including minimized pores and a smoother feel. This fancy gadget is my number one skincare recommendation and I can never see myself stop using it. 

Down to the Details
There are four different types of Clarisonic's you can purchase: the original Clarisonic Plus, the Clarisonic Mia, the Clarisonic Mia 2, and the Clarisonic Aria. The Clarisonic Plus is a bigger version of the Mia and has three different speeds. The Clarisonic cleanses with a vibrating motion, and having the different speeds just means you can get a deeper cleanse, I am assuming. In addition, you can mount a body cleansing brush head onto the Clarisonic Plus, which you are not able to do with the Mia's. The Clarisonic Mia is a more travel friendly size and only has one speed. I purchased the Clarisonic Mia because it is cheaper in price, more compact, and has more color options to choose from. Since purchasing the Mia, they have brought out the Mia 2, which has two different speeds. Though the two speeds would be nice, I have seen excellent results just from using one speed. I know very little about the Clarisonic Aria, other then that it is bigger than the Mia's and has 3 speeds. As for prices, the Clarisonic Mia retails for $119, the Mia 2 $149, the Clarisonic Aria $199, and the Clarisonic Plus $225. 

Replacement Brush Heads
For obvious sanitary reasons, you must replace your Clarisonic brush heads every 3 months. Personally, I replace my brush head when it starts to look like it needs to be replaced. I use my own judgement, and usually when the brush heads looks pretty yellow, I know it's time. There are 6 different brush heads to choose from: normal, sensitive skin, delicate skin, deep pore, acne cleansing, and the body brush head. The brush heads are pretty self explanatory and I have tried the brush heads for sensitive skin, acne cleansing, and normal skin. To be honest, I didn't notice a huge difference between them all besides the fact that the normal brush head wasn't as soft, a little more abrasive. For that reason, I am going to go back to the sensitive brush head that I have used since the beginning. I think I would like to purchase the deep pore cleansing brush head in the future, not for an everyday cleanse, but just to exfoliate once in a while. Now, these brush heads make the upkeep of the Clarisonic pretty pricey. You can purchase one of these brush heads for $25, a two pack for $40, or a four pack for $75. Next time, I will be purchasing the four pack because you basically get the fourth brush head free. 

I know the price of the Clarisonic is pretty steep, but I personally see it as an investment. Clear skin is something everyone strives for, and I know I can use my Clarisonic for years to come. Other brands have brought out similar concepts to the Clarisonic, but I think the quality of the Clarisonic is the best. Like I said, I have had mine for 2 years and have yet to have a problem with it. If you are having issues with your skin, I think the Clarisonic is a skincare miracle that any gender and age can benefit from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment