Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Boy


Oh, boy. In this look, I was wearing boyfriend jeans while simultaneously wearing my favorite Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the shade Boy. See what I did there?
My last few posts have really made me realize how basic my style is. When I mean basic, I mean a style made up of extremely wearable pieces. I do love a statement item, but I think you get so much more out of your wardrobe if you invest in items you can wear with so many different looks. Specifically for this outfit, I wore my new Topshop "Boyfriend" Jeans with a Nasty Gal blush tank top. I have always underestimated the importance of a good basic tee, especially in a wearable color like blush. It is so easy to style and instantly adds a casual-cool feel to an outfit. To balance out the not-so-figure-flattering ensemble on top, I paired the look with a more delicate shoe. These Steve Madden sandals with the stacked heel follow one of my favorite trends for the summer. Let's all thank Isabel Marant for introducing us to the "Carol" sandal last summer, which I think has inspired a lot of the shoes I've seen in stores this season. The look was topped with minimal jewelry and minimal make-up, strictly including glowing skin and supple lips. 
Hope you guys enjoyed this one! I especially loved the way these photos turned out. Thanks for reading.
xx Michelle

follow me?
instagram: michellegilbertson
twitter: @itsmemichelleg
Check out this post on Teen Vogue Fashion Click here

photos by virginia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment