Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cleansing with oil?

Oil cleansers always seems a little contradictory to me. I mean, you typically cleanse your skin to remove the oil your skin has built up so the concept of using oil to remove oil seemed a little odd. I am always dabbling into new skin care products and I have now developed a decent understanding of cleansing oils. I stuck with some lower end options, but both higher and lower end brands offer similar products. The two I tried were from The Body Shop and Garnier. Both look and feel like an oil, but they smell lovely and lather up slightly when you rub the oil between your hands. The oil consistency really helps remove all the makeup on your skin and I even use it gently to remove my eye makeup, including my waterproof eyeliner. From what I have gathered, cleansing oil is just a very nourishing alternative to cleansing. It cleanses your skin and leaves your skin supple once you're done. I still like to do a quick wash with a normal gel cleanser once I finish with this, because it does leave an oil residue on my skin after. Because of that, it does seem like just an extra, unnecessary step sometimes. But when my skin feels irritated or dry, it is nice to remove my makeup with something more nourishing opposed to just using a gel cleanser or makeup remover. I think cleansing oil is great for the winter months or for anyone who experiences dry skin - it will clean your skin while the oil puts moisture back into your skin. I recommend both the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil and The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. Both are great quality and affordable, especially if cleansing oil is new to your skincare regimen. 
 I am still very much a beauty product junkie, so I am definitely making a mental note to write more of these types of posts. 
Hope you enjoyed.
xx Michelle

follow me?
instagram - lifeonlotus
twitter - @itsmemichelleg

No comments:

Post a Comment