Monday, August 26, 2013

Featured: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner

So for my second "featured" post, I am going to be reviewing my absolute favorite liquid eye liner: the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. Throughout the years, I have tried and tested so many different eye liners, and this is the one I have settled on for the past year. 
For everyday, I like to line my upper lash line, often flicking it out. I first used gel eyeliner, then I dabbed into sponge tip liners (like Lancome Artliner), then I started trying out the felt tip pen liners. So many brands make eyeliners like this, but I can honestly say that this one is my favorite. One of the most difficult qualities of felt tip eye liners is their tendency to dry out quickly. I am about to sound very technical, but with pen eyeliners like these, it is necessary for them to have that little ball in the product that helps bring the product to the tip. Yes, it does help storing this upside down, but the ball does really help ensure a smooth application. I have tried various versions of this eyeliner, and because they do not have the ball to bring up the product, they dry out quickly. If you have no idea what I am talking about when I say "ball", it's when you shake the product and you can hear something rattling around in the pen.
The tip of this brush is very thin and precise, so you can make a thick or thin line. The formula of the eyeliner is the best: it lasts all day, it's waterproof but not too difficult to remove, doesn't smudge easily, and the finish isn't too matte or too shiny. For me personally, this eyeliner is the easiest to apply and is so easy for travel. It retails for $20, but you can definitely get a lot of use out of it, especially if you store the pen upside down. 

2 comments:

  1. While it doesn't rattle for the first few weeks, my Stila eyeliner always develops a rattle. If not the ball, then what is causing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just seeking this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Generally the top sites are full of garbage.
    oil for hairfall Peshawar

    ReplyDelete